McAfee provides highly advance cyber security solutions for both businesses and personal use. The computer security software company helps businesses organize safe cyber conditions that are absolutely integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of protection threats occur simultaneously and collaboratively. For home users, McAfee ensures the protection of your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats.
To get such high-end security, you must have McAfee activate installed on your device. At initial the stage, users encounter activation error while performing McAfee activation with CD. If you are facing troubles while redeeming and activating your McAfee products using a retail card or activating your product when installing the software on your PC using a CD/DVD, there could be several reasons.
• You do not find the option to redeem your McAfee retail card at the website you visited on
• You have entered an incorrect product key or the one that does not match to the country and language you selected
• Invalid License or Product Code
• McAfee activate product Key already in use
• Activation problems occurred from a CD
• Seeing the message of “Sorry, but it looks like the store you got the card from forgot to activate your card. Ask the store to activate it, and then try again”
Go to mcafee.com/activate and check your product details in your profile. If your subscription if outdated makes sure you renew the subscription. If renewal does not help you, follow up for the further process. Attempt to use the following Solution;
Method 1: How fix the problem while activating from a CD
1. Insert the CD into your PC’s drive and wait till the installation begins automatically
2. Execute the prompts displayed on the system’s screen to install your McAfee product
3. Right-click the on the McAfee icon appeared on the task bar and select Activate now option
4. Type your McAfee activation key code and select Activate
At the end of the process, your activation is done successfully and you will receive a confirmation for this. If you still see the error message or code, here is an alternative solution to fix the error.
Method 2: Opt to download and run the McAfee Virtual Technician to troubleshoot the issue.
1. Open a web browser and visit mcafee.com/activate
2. Log in to your McAfee account and Go to the Troubleshoot and Repair page
3. Click Download and Run
4. Choose to save the mvt.exe file at a temporary location such are desktop
5. Double-click on the mvt.exe file or click Run to start MVT.
6. Press Yes if you are asked for the access to your Windows User Account Control and allow MVT to run
7. Do not cancel the MVT installation, initialization, and update.
8. Select the Auto fix option, and follow the prompts to enable MVT to fix the problem.
The process might take a few minutes. If you end the task before its completion, it might create other errors as well. Once done, run the MVT and scan your PC to resolve any kind of issues with your McAfee product. If there is any other problem with the security product, you can get McAfee customer support any time you need to get expert assistance.