McAfee offer number of antivirus software that is available in free as well as the paid versions for a limited time period. Thus, all the McAfee antivirus subscriptions need to be renewed by the users before they get expired. Sometimes the users may face some common error or issues while using or executing the McAfee antivirus software on their device for scanning the viruses or malware. One such common run-time errors are that the McAfee antivirus subscription shows the error messages like “Verify Subscription” or “Subscription Expired” even though the subscription has been renewed by the users, recently. In the below information, I am introducing some easy procedures for resolving these run-time messages.
These subscription messages occurs on the device due to various reasons that includes the reasons like issues with internet connection, incorrect computer settings, local account issues or the issues with the information in the McAfee database. As these subscription messages are displayed by the McAfee software then, a red cross is displayed on the device along with the text messages as shown below:
“Your computer is at risk. Renew your subscription.”
Or a popup alert may also be displayed that shows the message as shown below:
“Protect what you value.”
Solutions: By following the step wise procedure detailed below, the users may resolve the run-time subscription messages
Method 1: Check the Computer Settings:
- For verifying the computer settings, go to the notification area on the taskbar.
- Here, double click the “Clock”.
- The “Date & Time” window will appear on the screen. Here, check whether the ‘date’, ‘time’ and ‘time zone’ of the system are correct or not.
- If these are not correct then, the users may adjust them manually.
- Once completing the adjusting process, restart the device.
Method 2: Execute the McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT):
- Firstly, access the McAfee official website using the web browser of the device.
- Now, from the home page, go to the “Troubleshoot and Repair” page.
- And then click the “Download and Run” button.
- The mvt.exe file will be downloaded to the “Downloads” folder (by default) of the device.
- After this, go to the “Downloads” folder.
- Here, double-click the mvt.exe file and then, click the “Yes” button when prompted.
- Wait, until the McAfee Virtual Technician tool gets installed to the device.
- Once the tool gets successfully installed to the device, execute the MVT tool.
- Now, the MVT tool will automatically detect the McAfee product issues on the PC.
- If any of the issues are found then, click the “Auto fix” option and follow the on-screen instructions for resolving the issues.
- Else, close the MVT tool if no issues are detected by the tool.
If the error messages like “Verify Subscription” or “Subscription Expired” still appears on the device then, the users may contact the McAfee Customer Support on the McAfee toll-free number, to get an instant assistance.
Follow this link for more information McAfee.com/activate