Dell PCs and laptops these days come with inbuilt McAfee antivirus protection under 1 year of subscription plan of the McAfee security center. Such preinstalled software is specifically designed to support Dell computers and laptops. It gives you 360-degree comprehensive protection against malware, virus, spyware, Trojan, with high-speed internet surfing, security, and reliability to all consumers.
Generally, this package includes 1-year McAfee security clothed in the latest features and tools.
In case you want to purchase a new subscription of McAfee security for your Dell computer, you need to consider a few things before making such a move. You need to ensure that your Dell computer meets the system requirements for McAfee installation. Also, you must ensure to have all the prerequisites in your hands before plan to download, install and activate McAfee security on your Dell computers:
Prerequisites to McAfee security on your Dell computer
- A valid login account on Mcafee.com/activate.
- Your Dell computer should meet the minimum system requirements to avoid errors.
- Make sure to have an uninterrupted internet connection.
- A valid McAfee subscription with product key
- Your system must have installed the latest version of Operating system
- Make sure to have an updated web browser installed on your system such as internet explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- Don’t forget to remove any active program or antivirus that may create conflict with the installation process.
- Make sure to delete all the junk files from the Temporary Folder on your system
What is McAfee.com/activateDell ?
McAfee.com/activateDell serves as a direct link to your subscribed McAfee products as well as a login page where you can sign in to your McAfee account. You can also redeem your McAfee 25 digits alphanumerical character activation product key by visiting the URL.
The key code is mandatory to download and activate your McAfee security on your Dell computer. It comes very handy when it comes to renewing your McAfee subscription. If the key code is not helpful in activating your product, there might be some problem on your end. You might have entered the code incorrectly, or maybe you’re not on the right page. There are a number of reasons for this unexpected error. However, if your product key were acceptable then the rest of the process would be as simple as taking a stroll in a garden.
How to redeem your McAfee activate product key?
How to redeem your product key will depend on the manner of your purchase. You can purchase your subscription online, or via a retail shop, or by visiting a third-party website such as Amazon. To redeem your product key, you need to perform the following steps, depending on the manner of your purchase.
If you’ve purchased your product online, then you’ll get your product key on your registered email ID that you used while making the purchase. The online purchase requires you to submit your private email ID because if you’re a new user, then you might not have an active McAfee account.
- Go to your registered email ID and open your order confirmation email.
- Go to the link send to you in your email ID and open it.
- Retrieve your product key by using the link
Please note that the information on how to download, install and activate the product will also be available in the email ID
If you’ve purchased your product offline via a retail shop, you must’ve provided with a retail card. To retrieve your product key, you need to look at the back cover of your card. Peel off the back cover and retrieve your product key.
This process is much simple yet a bit risky because if you lost your retail card, there will no evidence to prove that you purchased McAfee subscription.
Please note that in both cases, you must visit McAfee.com/activateDell to download and install the product.
How to download your McAfee subscription via mcafee.com/activateDell?
Here users can visit the web page mcafee.com/activateDell to download and install McAfee product online by following the given instructions:
Also, make sure to have uninterrupted internet connectivity to download the program:
- First of all, open your web browser and visit the web page mcafee.com/activateDell
- Enter your 25 digits activation code in the given column.
- Now, go to “MY Account” section and click on “Sign in” from the drop-down list.
- Click on “Sign in” tab and enter your username and password that you used to create the account, and then log in to your account.
- If it’s your first time visiting the site, then click on “Sign Up” button and fill in your personal details to complete the sign up form. Click on “Create account” and then sign in to your new account.
- Once you’re successfully logged in your account, go to “Subscription” section and select your subscribed McAfee product.
- Now click on “add device” button displayed in front of your McAfee product
- “Add Device” will display on your screen. Now, select “Type of Device” on which you want to install your McAfee subscription
- Now, Click on “Download” button located at the bottom of the page to download your McAfee activate file.
- Within a few minutes, the download will be completed. After that, you can follow the instructions given below to launch the installation process.
Steps to Install McAfee products
- After you download your McAfee activate file, go to the web browser download history to locate the executable file.
- Once you find the McAfee setup file, double-click on it to execute the installation process.
- Review the terms and conditions of end user license agreement and click “I Agree” to proceed to the next step.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, proceed to the activation process.
You need to activate your McAfee product to get started. All you need is to double-click on the McAfee icon located in your desktop. Enter your product key when prompted. You’ve successfully activated your product. For more details, visit mcafee.com/activateDell.