Now-a-days, the users prefer to use the internet for various purposes like shopping, ticket booking, and even the payments can be made via internet. For an instance, the users may book their tickets via internet rather than standing in a queue outside the cinema halls. Although, the internet has provided a great level of convenience to the users and made their life better than before, but one cannot ignore its other side that involves various risks like virus attack, hacking of the data and many more. Thus, to protect the users from all such risk, McAfee has introduced its security product, named as McAfee Internet Security Suite.
Sometimes, the users may face some common issues while connecting or accessing to the internet after installing the McAfee Internet Security Suite on the device. The main reason behind the “Unable to Access the Internet” issue is the firewall component of the McAfee Security Suite. The firewall component in the McAfee Security Suite is the sophisticated intrusion detection system that sniffs the exchanges of the suspicious data on the device by the hackers. Thus, the firewall offers a layer of protection to the personal data of the users.
To resolve the “Unable to Access the Internet” issue, follow the methods mentioned below, one by one till it gets eradicated from its root:
Method 1:Determine Application Access:
- On the taskbar, an “M shield” icon is displayed.
- Double click the icon to explore it on the device.
- Now, open the “Web and Email Protection” panel in the window appeared on the screen.
- And then, click the “Firewall” link.
- Ensure that Firewall is “ON” or “enabled” in the Firewall window.
- Now, click the “Program Permissions drawer” option.
- A list of blocked and unblocked rules will be displayed on the screen.
- Now, scroll down and manage all the blocked application rules.
- Here, allow the outbound access to those programs that require the internet connectivity.
Method 2: Disable the McAfee firewall, temporarily:
- Again, double click the “M shield” icon on the taskbar, to explore it on the device.
- The McAfee interface will appear on the screen.
- Now, open the “Web and Email Protection” panel.
- And then, click the “Firewall” link. The “Firewall” window will appear.
- Here, select the “Turn Off” button in front of the firewall option.
- A popup message will appear to the users, to confirm that they want to disable the firewall service of the McAfee.
- Now, select a resume time after that the firewall will get “Turn On”, automatically.
- After this, the green status of the security will change to the red.
- Now, try to access the internet or test the connectivity of it.
- Once completing the test, either turn on the firewall or restart the device.
If the “Unable to Access the Internet” issue still persists on the device, then the users may call the McAfee customer support on the McAfee Customer Support toll free number and visit mcafee.com/activate, to get a quick assistance to resolve the issue.