McAfee, one of the world’s most renowned cyber security solution providers, requires no introduction or spotlight. The quality and features of McAfee products have gained a competitive edge in the market.
The range of security solutions it offers allows users to protect their devices, data and software from harmful online threats. These online threats include viruses, spyware, malware, phishing attacks and Trojan horses. All McAfee products offer endpoint protection for your home and business PCs and the best part is that it doesn’t need human intervention.
In other words, a McAfee antivirus keeps on running in the background, scanning all your software, applications and ensuring you browse only on the safe websites. Aside from keeping your device safe from prying eyes of hackers and cybercriminals, it also blocks any malicious downloads and infected to gain access in your system and alerts you of any email concealing harmful attachments.
With McAfee antivirus installed on your device, you can also be sure of the safe online transactions and confidentiality of the information you transfer on the web. As aforementioned, it offers a variety of security solutions; some are for one user while other provides protection for your whole family. You can purchase the McAfee products online through its official website or from any McAfee retail store.
Read More >> How to optimize a website for the Holiday sales?
In case of online purchase from mcafee.com/activate, you will receive a McAfee product key in your email ID. Keep this key secure with you, as you will require it at the time of logging in to your account as well as for activating your McAfee product.
In case, you prefer to go for an offline purchase from a McAfee retail store, you will receive a McAfee retail card from the back of which you can redeem the McAfee product key. Apart from the McAfee activate product key, you will also see a link to activate your product.
You can redeem your purchased McAfee product (McAfee Total Protection) by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to your registered email ID that you used while purchasing your McAfee subscription.
- Open the Order Confirmation mail send to you by McAfee.
- Redeem your product key and check out all the information relevant to deploy McAfee security in your device such as steps to download, install and activate the product.
After the redemption, it is the time to activate your MTP retails card. Before you do that, make sure the following:
- There should not be any other McAfee security product installed on your device
- Remove all the temporary files, cookies and cache memory
- Ensure your operating system is up to date
- Make sure to have all the prerequisites in place for McAfee installation
- Check out whether your Internet Browser up-to-date or not. If not, if may interrupt the installation process.
- Make sure to have a valid McAfee subscription before you jump to download and installation.
Now, check out the below-mentioned steps activating your McAfee Total Protection:
- Visit the aforementioned URLs depending upon the product you have purchased
- Select the language and the country that matches your purchased product.
- Provide the registration number mentioned on your McAfee retail card
- Click to login your McAfee account by entering your username and password.
- Click Submit and then Verify your email address
- Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed further
In the End
If your progress is blocked by any sort of technical hindrance caused by pre-installed programs or compatibility issues, you can seek help or assistance by contacting McAfee customer support team!