Now-a-days, the users prefer to duplicate their data or create a backup of their data (personal, critical and confidential information) so as to retrieve it after the occurrence of events like data loss, device lost or stolen. Thus, to offer an ease to the mobile device users, McAfee (the antivirus software provider) has included the feature of free Data Backups to its product i.e. McAfee Mobile Security
The feature of free data backup in McAfee Mobile Security enables the users to keep their data safe and secure, if their device has been lost or stolen.
Thus, by enabling the feature of data backup the users can create a backup of their data that includes the following:
- Text messages
- Call logs
Sometimes the users need to restore their data backup from the secure cloud storage of McAfee Mobile Security as their McAfee MMS Account becomes inactive. As the result of this inactivation of the McAfee MMS account, the users need to restore their backup. Thus, the steps for restoring the data backups using the backup feature of McAfee Mobile Security have been detailed in the below information.
Steps for restoring the backup data are as follows:
- Firstly, launch the McAfee Mobile Security application on the Android device.
- And then, go to the “Backup” option on the main menu of the application.
- After this, tap the “Restore” button.
- Now, mark the checkbox in front of data that the users want to restore.
- And then, follow the set of instructions displayed on the screen for restoring the data to the device.
(Important Note: If no backup data files appear on the secure cloud of McAfee Mobile Security application then, the users may refer the support section of mcafee.com/activate.)