Dell PCs and laptops these days come with inbuilt McAfee antivirus protection under 1 year of subscription plan of the McAfee security center. Such preinstalled software is specifically designed to support Dell computers and laptops. It gives you 360-degree comprehensive protection against malware, virus, spyware, Trojan, with high-speed internet surfing, security, and reliability to all consumers.
Generally, this package includes 1-year McAfee security clothed in the latest features and tools.
In case you want to purchase a new subscription of McAfee security for your Dell computer, you need to consider a few things before making such a move. You need to ensure that your Dell computer meets the system requirements for McAfee installation. Also, you must ensure to have all the prerequisites in your hands before plan to download, install and activate McAfee security on your Dell computers:
Prerequisites to McAfee security on your Dell computer
- A valid login account on Mcafee.com/activate.
- Your Dell computer should meet the minimum system requirements to avoid errors.
- Make sure to have an uninterrupted internet connection.
- A valid McAfee subscription with product key
- Your system must have installed the latest version of Operating system
- Make sure to have an updated web browser installed on your system such as internet explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- Don’t forget to remove any active program or antivirus that may create conflict with the installation process.
- Make sure to delete all the junk files from the Temporary Folder on your system
Why McAfee antivirus for Dell?
Just like any other PC, your Dell PC also needs comprehensive protection as you may use it to complete everyday tasks. You go online, keep on surfing the web for shopping purposes, do financial transactions over it, and share your personal information via it. Hence, it must be equipped with an antivirus solution so that you can do all these tasks safely.
McAfee antivirus is one such software that Dell users are trusting upon for long. It provides your device with high-end security features such as safe internet surfing, firewall security, guaranteed virus protection, and more.
The newly launched Dell PCs usually have McAfee AntiVirus pre-installed on it. If you are one of the users of Dell, then you must be aware of this. This pre-installed McAfee Security Center software has a validity of 30 days because it is a trial version, using which a user gets to know the worth of having an antivirus solution on his device.
To use this software for virus detection and removal purposes, you are required to activate it once you purchase your Dell laptop or PC. After activating it successfully, you can take the benefit of its full-fledged services.
What is McAfee.com/activateDell?
As we are into using the Internet more and more with the passage of time, it is important to learn the ways to defend against the latest online attacks. Hence, Dell users are provided with a free service according to which they can use the trial version of McAfee antivirus on their PCs.
This software usually comes pre-install on a Dell user PC and to use it, they need to activate it via McAfee.com/activateDell. Hence, we can say that McAfee.com/activateDell is a direct link by clicking on which a user will be redirected to a window where he can activate his McAfee subscription.
Here, you will also find relevant information on how to activate McAfee subscription on your Dell computer. Activating the software becomes quite important when it comes to protecting your child’s privacy over the Internet and safeguarding yourself from cyber-attacks.
When you visit McAfee.com/activateDell, your screen will display a window, on which you have to provide some details such as a 25-digit activation code, and then complete the login process, and finally, you can get started with using your software.
How to redeem your McAfee activate product key?
How to redeem your product key will depend on the manner of your purchase. You can purchase your subscription online, or via a retail shop, or by visiting a third-party website such as Amazon. To redeem your product key, you need to perform the following steps, depending on the manner of your purchase.
If you’ve purchased your product online, then you’ll get your product key on your registered email ID that you used while making the purchase. The online purchase requires you to submit your private email ID because if you’re a new user, then you might not have an active McAfee account.
- Go to your registered email ID and open your order confirmation email.
- Go to the link send to you in your email ID and open it.
- Retrieve your product key by using the link
Please note that the information on how to download, install and activate the product will also be available in the email ID
If you’ve purchased your product offline via a retail shop, you must’ve provided with a retail card. To retrieve your product key, you need to look at the back cover of your card. Peel off the back cover and retrieve your product key.
This process is much simple yet a bit risky because if you lost your retail card, there will no evidence to prove that you purchased McAfee subscription.
Please note that in both cases, you must visit McAfee.com/activateDell to download and install the product.
How to download your McAfee subscription via mcafee.com/activateDell?
Follow the steps given below to download and activate your antivirus subscription for Dell:
- Open a web browser, and go to mcafee.com/activateDell.
- This will open a page with a “Dell” logo on the upper-right corner.
- Now, you have to log in to your McAfee account.
- From the “Device Protection” tab, click on the “Download” option available next to “McAfee AntiVirus”.
- Read the End User License Agreement of McAfee and then click on the “I Agree” followed by the “Next” option if you accept the terms of its use.
- Follow the on-screen instruction complete the process and activate your product at mcafee.com/activateDell.
- The “activation successful” screen will show your expiration date and e-mail that you used to register.
- Your product is now ready to be used. You should not forget to renew it as soon as the subscription expires to protect your device from upcoming threats.
You need to activate your McAfee product to get started. All you need is to double-click on the McAfee icon located in your desktop. Enter your product key when prompted. You’ve successfully activated your product. For more details, visit mcafee.com/activateDell.